Making the Grades
Release Date: 24 October 2008 (Limited)
Because we only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies at Parent Previews we did not review this title. For your convenience, we have provided some brief information about the film's synopsis and content.
Fact and fantasy merge for a troubled writer/director (Philip Seymour Hoffman) who is creating a life-sized replica of New York in a warehouse on which to stage his new play.
Cast: Philip Seymour Hoffman, Catherine Keener, Samantha Morton.
This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Occasional disturbing or offensive scenes and gory images.
- Portrayal of a medical procedure with some blood and detail shown.
- Breast and buttock nudity shown in a non-sexual context.
- Partial or full frontal nudity briefly shown in a sexual situation.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Frequent use of crude sexual language, references and innuendo.
- Frequent depictions of bodily functions shown in medical and crude contexts
Infrequent strong aggressive coarse language
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of coarse language including scatological slang, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
- Infrequent use of an ethno-cultural slur.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Depictions of tobacco use and smoking.
Of Special Note: Three female roommates living in New York also struggle to find the pathway to happiness in the city that promised them The Best of Everything. An aspiring playwright receives a helpful hand from a pretty blonde stranger in the musical Bells Are Ringing.
Home Video Notes: Synecdoche, New York releases to the home video market on March 10, 2009.