Making the Grades
Release Date: 7 November 2008
Because we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies at Parent Previews, we did not review this title. For your convenience, we have provided some brief information about the film's synopsis and content.
Given a choice between jail time or community service, Danny (Paul Rudd) and Wheeler (Seann William Scott) agree to act as mentors to a couple of underprivileged kids (Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Bobb'e J. Thompson). But expecting this pair of immature, energy-drink abusers to be Role Models is like asking the blind to lead the blind.
Cast: Paul Rudd, Seann William Scott, Elizabeth Banks, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Bobb'e J. Thompson.
This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence (fistfights).
- Buttock and breast nudity seen in a non-sexual context.
- Partial or full frontal nudity briefly seen in a sexual situation.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Crude content.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Infrequent strong, aggressive coarse language.
- Frequent profanities and blasphemy.
- Derogatory references to sexual orientation.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Depictions of substance abuse and drug use.
Of Special Note:
In Rebound, a basketball coach in need of a better public image reluctantly begins working with a ragtag junior high school team. Another young man, sentence to community service at a dance school, discovers the experience might just give his troubled life a Step Up.
Home Video Notes: Role Models releases to the home video market on March 10, 2009.