Making the Grades
Release Date: 26 December 2008
Because we only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies at Parent Previews we did not review this title. For your convenience, we have provided some brief information about the film’s synopsis and content.
Synopsis: The Wheelers (Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio) become disillusioned as they chase the 1950s American dream only to discover they are just a typical married couple raising their children in the suburbs, with Frank working at a boring job to pay the bills and April frustrated with life as a housewife.
Director: Sam Mendes
Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Depictions of domestic discord, including the threat of violence.
- References to illegal abortion and its consequences are discussed in some detail.
- Breast nudity is briefly seen in a sexual context.
- Sexual activity is implied in some detail (no nudity shown).
- A sexual expletive is used in a-sexual context.
- Frequent use of profanity, scatological slang and vulgar expressions.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Frequent portrayals of smoking and use of alcohol.
Of Special Note:
Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet also starred together in the film Titanic. The movie Avalon also traces the changes that occur to an immigrant family as they chase the American dream from row housing to suburbs.
Home Video Notes:
Revolutionary Road is releasing to DVD and Blu-ray Disc on June 2, 2009.