Observe and Report
Release Date: 10 April 2009
Because we only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies at Parent Previews we did not review this title. For your convenience, we have provided some brief information about the film’s synopsis and content.
Ronnie Barnhardt (Seth Rogen) is a mall security guard with delusions of grandeur. So he is thrilled when he is given the assignment of catching an exhibitionist that is flashing shoppers. However, when he has to share his detective duties with a real police officer (Ray Liotta), a rather unpleasant side of Ronnie’s personality is exposed.
Cast: Seth Rogen, Anna Faris, Ray Liotta
Director: Jody Hill
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent and prolonged portrayals of graphic violence.
- Depictions of fighting and shooting.
- Some gory images and bloody wounds are shown.
- Full frontal nudity in shown in a sexual situation.
- Nudity (including depictions of breasts, buttocks and genitalia) is seen in non-sexual contexts.
- Portrayals of sexual activity (no nudity seen).
- Crude content and sexual language.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, some in a sexual context.
- Extremely frequent use of scatological slang, profanity and vulgar expressions.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Detailed portrayals of illegal drug use and substance abuse.
Of Special Note: Paul Blart: Mall Cop is another movie about a security guard who’d rather be a police officer (but that film only received a PG-13 rating). Although Seth Rogan has stared in many movies with crude content (such as Knocked Up), he has lent his voice talents to some family friendly films like Horton Hears a Who and Kung Fu Panda.
Home Video Notes:
Observe and Report releases to DVD and Blu-ray on August 22, 2009.