Release Date: 5 December 2008
Because we only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies at Parent Previews we did not review this title. For your convenience, we have provided some brief information about the film's synopsis and content.
Harvey Milk became San Francisco's first openly homosexual city supervisor in 1977. This dramatized biography follows the life and career of the political figure.
Cast: Sean Penn, Victor Garber, Josh Brolin.
This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief portrayals of graphic violence (some blood and detail shown).
- Depictions of shootings and hand-to-hand conflict.
- Brief portrayal of corpse.
- A suicide is implied.
- Occasional upsetting and disturbing scenes.
- Portrayal of implied sexual activity.
- Buttock nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Partial or full nudity in a brief sexual situation
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, once in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
- Frequent use of crude sexual language.
- Frequent use of slurs including derogatory references to sexual orientation.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Infrequent portrayals of and references to the use of illegal drugs for recreational purposes.
- Tobacco use is depicted.
Home Video Notes: Milk releases to DVD and Blu-ray on 3 March 2009.
Of Special Note:
To learn more about the real life and death of Harvey Milk, check this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Milk