|Video Release:||11 Aug 2009|
|See Canadian Ratings|
|How We Determine Our Grades|
Release Date: 20 March 2009
Because we only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies at Parent Previews we did not review this title. For your convenience, we have provided some brief information about the film’s synopsis and content.
Synopsis: If you thought all you needed to have a wedding was a willing bride and groom—think again. It turns out Peter Klaven (Paul Rudd) can’t tie the knot until he finds someone to be his best man. Because he really doesn’t have any close friends, Peter attempts to do some male bonding through a series of “dates” with eligible prospects.
Director: John Hamburg
Cast: Paul Rudd, Jason Segel, Rashida Jones
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Infrequent portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Pervasive use of crude and detailed sexual language and references.
- Frequent detailed portrayals of crude bodily functions of humans and animals.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
-Extremely frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in both sexual and non-sexual contexts.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, vulgar expressions and blasphemy.
- Use of an ethno-cultural slur.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- References to recreational drug use.
- Substance abuse.
- Depiction of smoking.
Of Special Note:
The complications of wedding planning are also explored in the movie Farther of the Bride.
Home Video Notes: I Love You, Man releases to home video on August 11, 2009.
I Love You, Man is rated R: for pervasive language, including crude and sexual references.
Cast: Paul Rudd, Jason Segel, Rashida Jones, John Hamburg
Studio: 2009 Dreamworks/Paramount