The MPAA has rated The Hitman.R for strong bloody violence, language and some sexuality/nudity.
Release Date: 21 November 2007
Because we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies at Parent Previews, we did not review this title. For your convenience, we have provided some brief information about the film's synopsis and content.
Based on a video game, The Hitman follows the murderous missions of Agent 47 (Timothy Olyphant), an assassin trained by a secret religious order to execute those they deem worthy of death. Of course his actions also draw the attention (and ire) of Interpol and the Russian military.
Cast: Timothy Olyphant, Dougray Scott, Robert Knepper, Ulrich Thomsen.
This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent portrayals of graphic and extremely brutal violence.
- Brief graphic portrayals of torture.
- Frequent portrayals of shootings, swordplay, hand-to-hand conflicts and explosions resulting in injuries and fatalities.
- Depiction of a character being shot in the back of the head at close range.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Depiction of nude breasts in a sexual context.
- Embracing and kissing
-Frequent use of coarse language and slurs.
Of Special Note:
The plight of another trained assassin (in this case the man also happens to be suffering from amnesia) is the bases for the movies, The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum.
Official site: http://www.hitmanmovie.com/
(c)2007 One Voice Communications Ltd. All rights reserved.