The History Boys
The MPAA has rated The History Boys R, for language and sexual content.
Release Date: 13 October 2006
DVD Release Date: 13 April 2007
Because we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies at Parent Previews, we did not review this title. For your convenience, we have provided some brief information about the film's synopsis and content.
Based on the play by Alan Benett, The History Boys follows the academic pursuits of an unruly group of young students attempting to get into Oxford or Cambridge. But the boys' greatest challenge may be surviving their teachers.
Cast: Frances De La Tour, Stephen Campbell Moore, James Corden, Richard Griffiths, Clive Merrison, Adrian Scarborough.
Additional content information will be added as soon as it is available, so please check back later for updates.
This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards
- Sexual references, innuendo, and verbal references to anatomy and sexual activity
- Embracing and kissing
- Implied sexual activity|no detail
- Scenes depicting and discussing sexual misconduct between a male teacher and male students
- Coarse language and slurs.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
Alternative Video Choice: The movie The Emperor's Club also follows a group of boys and their History teacher --and the surprising things they learn from each other.
(c)2007 One Voice Communications Ltd. All rights reserved.