Friday The 13th
Because we only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies at Parent Previews we did not review this title. For your convenience, we have provided some brief information about the film’s synopsis and content.
Synopsis: In this updated version of the classic horror film, a group of young adults stumble upon more excitement than they counted on when in a deserted campground where they accidentally attract the deadly attention of Jason Voorhees (Derek Mears).
Director: Marcus Nispel
Cast: Jared Padalecki, Amanda Righetti, Derek Mears
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent prolonged portrayals of graphic violence, including stabbing, throat slitting and impaling.
- Detailed gory and grotesque images and frequent upsetting or disturbing scenes.
- Depictions of mutilated and dismembered corpses.
- Sexual references.
- Several scenes of breast nudity in non-sexual contexts.
- Sexually suggestive scenes involving fondling and nudity.
- Depiction of simulated sexual activity.
- Frequent use of profanities and some slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Drug uses is depicted.
Of Special Note:
If watching someone running for his life sounds like an evening of entertainment to you (but you’d prefer a few less graphic depictions), then look for the sci-fi thriller The Arrival.
Home Video Notes:
Friday the 13th is releasing to DVD and Blu-ray Disc on June 16, 2009. This “Killer Cut” is an extended version of the film seen in theaters.