Crank - High Voltage
Release Date: 17 April 2009
Because we only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies at Parent Previews we did not review this title. For your convenience, we have provided some brief information about the film’s synopsis and content.
Synopsis: Even though he took a lickin’ in Crank, Chev Chelios (Jason Statham) is still tickin’. In this sequel, Chev is determined to get his indestructible heart back from the mobster who (literally) stole it and replaced it with an inferior battery-powered model that constantly needs a jolt of High Voltage electricity to keep it going.
Director: Mark Neveldine Brian Taylor
Cast: Jason Statham, Amy Smart, Corey Haim
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent and prolonged portrayals of graphic violence with detailed images.
- Some visually explicit portrayals of violence.
- Frequent depictions of shootings, beatings, self-mutilation, impalement, fighting and electrocution.
- Some sexual violence
- Frequent disturbing scenes.
- Two scenes depicting surgery and medical procedures (some blood and detail shown).
- Buttocks and breast nudity shown in sexual situations.
- Male and female frontal nudity (including depictions of breast, buttock, and genitalia) is seen in a non-sexual context.
- Sexual activity is simulated.
- Frequent use of crude and descriptive sexual language.
- A crude bodily function is portrayed.
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations (sometimes in a sexual content).
- Frequent use of profanities, including scatological slang, blasphemy and vulgar expressions.
- Frequent use of slurs and derogatory sexual references.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Tobacco use.
Of Special Note:
Home Video Notes: Crank; High Voltage releases on DVD and Blu-ray on September 8, 2009.