Release Date: 3 April 2009
Because we only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies at Parent Previews we did not review this title. For your convenience, we have provided some brief information about the film’s synopsis and content.
The summer of 1987 was supposed to be the best vacation time of James Brennan (Jesse Eisenberg) life. Instead economic troubles force the recent college grad to take a job at Adventureland. But after meeting some of the other employees, James decides the run-down amusement park might just live up to its name.
Director: Greg Mottola
Cast: Jesse Eisenberg, Kristen Stewart, Ryan Reynolds
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Infrequent portrayals of non-graphic violence, including hand-to-hand conflict.
- Frequent use of sexual language and references.
- Infrequent depictions of crude bodily functions.
- Sexual activity is implied.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of profanity, including scatological slang and vulgar expressions.
- Infrequent use of ethno-cultural slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Frequent portrayals of illegal drug use for recreational purposes.
- Portrayals of alcohol consumption.
- Depiction of drinking and driving.
- Depictions of me tobacco use and smoking.
Of Special Note:
If you are looking for some summer amusement, with out all the crude content found in this film, try The Sandlot (about some boys who laze away their time playing baseball) and Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (where a group of girls who come up with a unique way to stay in touch over the holidays).
Home Video Notes Adventureland is releasing to home video on August 25, 2009.