Making the Grades
The MPAA has rated 300 R - for graphic battle sequences throughout, some sexuality and nudity.
Release Date: 9 March 2007
Because we only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies at Parent Previews we did not review this title. For your convenience, we have provided some brief information about the film's synopsis and content.
Based on the Battle of Thermopylae (480 B.C.), this movie reenacts the violent conflict that resulted when the King of Sparta lead his 300 warriors against the Persian army, which consisted of about 100,000 men
This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Explicit war violence and disturbing scenes.
- Frequent graphic violence involving weapons use and hand-to-hand conflict.
- Frequent detailed portrayals of gruesome deaths, gory wounds and bloodied corpses.
- Detailed depictions of mutilated, dismembered, and bloodied corpses
- Portrayal of sexual activity and mild sexual references.
- Breast and buttock nudity shown in both sexual and non-sexual contexts.
- Implied Sexual assault is implied.
- Use of mild profanities and slurs.Additional Notes: Many "artistic" reviewers have commented on the high levels of graphic violence in this film. As an example, Peter Howell of the Toronto Star says, "It's a total-immersion battle experience for eaters of red meat, worshippers of the male physique and lovers of extreme violence... If you wince at the sight of skewered bodies and decapitated skulls, then your money is better spent on a repeat screening of An Inconvenient Truth."
(c)2007 One Voice Communications Ltd. All rights reserved.