Red Sparrow Parent Guide
Not quiet as gentle as a feather.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Red Sparrow rated R? Red Sparrow is rated R by the MPAA for strong violence, torture, sexual content, language and some graphic nudity.Violence:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in realistic detail with blood and tissue damage.
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence with blood and detail.
- Graphic and explicit portrayals of torture and brutality.
- Several depictions of injury and physical assault.
- Frequent portrayals of sexual violence, with breast and buttock nudity, along with blood and detail.
- Scene depicting surgery.
- Upsetting or disturbing scenes
- Detailed gory and grotesque images.
- Non-sexual nudity.
- Nudity in sexual situations (breasts, buttocks and/or genitalia).
- Frequent portrayals of sexual activity, some in a BDSM context, with breast and buttock nudity, and some detail.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Graphic portrayals of sexual violence (with nudity in torture/violent situation).
- Infrequent breast and male frontal nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Crude content.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 31 instances of coarse and/or sexual language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang and profanity.
- Vulgar expressions and sexual slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Frequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use.
Page last updated May 22, 2018
More parents' guide for Red Sparrow after the break...
News About "Red Sparrow"
Jennifer Lawrence stars as Dominika Egorova, a woman who is becomes a Russian special agent after her career as a ballerina comes to an abrupt end. Her physical strength and beauty make her a potent weapon, especially when the subjects of her assignments are male. Of course, she meets her match in Nathaniel Nash (Joel Egerton), a CIA operative. Love, violence, trust and betrayal are all part of the plot as she tries to determine where she should place her alliances.
From the Studio:
Dominika Egorova is many things.
A devoted daughter determined to protect her mother at all costs.
A prima ballerina whose ferocity has pushed her body and mind to the absolute limit.
A master of seductive and manipulative combat.
When she suffers a career-ending injury, Dominika and her mother are facing a bleak and uncertain future. That is why she finds herself manipulated into becoming the newest recruit for Sparrow School, a secret intelligence service that trains exceptional young people like her to use their bodies and minds as weapons. After enduring the perverse and sadistic training process, she emerges as the most dangerous Sparrow the program has ever produced. Dominika must now reconcile the person she was with the power she now commands, with her own life and everyone she cares about at risk, including an American CIA agent who tries to convince her he is the only person she can trust.
- Twentieth Century Fox
Cast and Crew
Red Sparrow is directed by Francis Lawrence and stars Jennifer Lawrence, Joel Edgerton, Mary-Louise Parker.
The most recent home video release of Red Sparrow movie is May 22, 2018. Here are some details…
Red Sparrow releases to home video (Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy) with the following extras:
- A New Cold War: Origination and Adaptation
- Agents Provocateurs: The Ensemble Cast
- Tradecraft: Visual Authenticity
- Heart of the Tempest: On Location
- Welcome to Sparrow School: Ballet and Stunts
- A Puzzle of Need: Post-Production
- Director Commentary by Francis Lawrence