Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Despite the last raid, Jakarta, Indonesia is still full of crime and corruption. So police officer Rama (Iko Uwais) must finish the job he began by going undercover to root out the remaining gangsters and bad cops.
Why Is The Raid 2 Rated R?
The Raid 2 is rated R for sequences of strong bloody violence throughout, sexuality and language.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in The Raid 2...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent non explicit violence.
- Frequent explicit violence
- Pervasive portrayals of brutal hand-to-hand, weapons and gun violence, with much blood and gory detail.
- Scene of explicit violence depicting shooting.
- Frequent depictions of beating, fighting, stabbing and shooting.
- Depictions of torture.
- -Detailed disturbing scenes
- - frequent detailed gory and grotesque images.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual content with some detail and no nudity.
- Scene of nudity, depicting breasts and buttocks, in a sexual context.
- Infrequent non-sexual breast nudity.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in sexual or aggressive contexts.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, vulgar expressions.
- Infrequent use of sexual and ethno-cultural slurs
Alcohol and Drug Use:
Extra info about this movie
Note: This movie is also known as: The Raid 2: Berandal. It is filmed in the Indonesian language, with English subtitles.
From the Studio:
Following immediately after the events of THE RAID, RAMA (Iko Uwais) is forced to reinvent himself as an undercover cop in order to provide protection for his wife and child. Working for the anti-corruption taskforce led by the one person he can trust, BUNAWAR, he is given a mission to engage himself as an enforcer for a local mob boss, BANGUN. Finding a way in through BANGUN’s son UCO, RAMA must hunt for information linking BANGUN with police force corruption. All the while, he harbors a dangerous and personal vendetta for revenge and justice that threatens to consume him- and bring both this mission and the organized crime syndicates crashing down.
-Sony Pictures Classic
This movie, that features a mix of martial arts and street fighting, likely won’t do much to promote the idea of safe locales for the tourist industry of Indonesia. Learn more about Jakarta, the capitol city of Indonesia.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to The Raid 2.
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 18A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of The Raid 2...
The Raid 2: Berandal releases to home video on July 8, 2014.