Proud Mary Parent Guide
There's a mother's heart behind that gun.
Rating & Content Info
Please Note: We have not viewed this movie. The information below is a summary based on data gathered from government and industry sponsored film classification agencies in various global regions.
Why is Proud Mary rated R? Proud Mary is rated R by the MPAA for violence.Violence:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in realistic detail with blood and tissue damage.
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence (some involving children) with blood and some detail.
- Several action scenes of violence depicting weapons, physical assault and injury.
- Disturbing scenes.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Mild sexual references.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 20 instances of coarse language, including:
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
- Limited use of slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Tobacco use.
- Alcohol use.
- Infrequent portrayals of illegal substances in a trafficking context.
Page last updated January 11, 2018
More parents' guide for Proud Mary after the break...
News About "Proud Mary"
Cast and Crew
Proud Mary is directed by Babak Najafi and stars Taraji P. Henson, Neal McDonough, Danny Glover.