Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
After discovering a star map in a futuristic world, a group of scientists set out on an intergalactic expedition with high hopes of discovering more about an alien life form. But they soon realize they have initiated a threat against their home planet.
Why Is Prometheus Rated R?
Prometheus is rated R for sci-fi violence including some intense images, and brief language.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Prometheus...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence, with gory and grotesque images.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner, with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Depictions of beating, shooting, burning, mutilation, decapitation and explosion.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Frequent weapons and hand-to-hand violence.
- Infrequent portrayals of medical procedures, with some blood and detail shown.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- One use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, and profanity.
- Infrequent mild sexual references.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Tobacco use.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Prometheus.
Another crew sets out to explore the Red Planet in Mission to Mars. Jodie Foster plays a female scientist searching for extraterrestrial signals in Contact. The 2009 movie Star Trek introduces audiences to a young James T. Kirk and his future crewmembers, including Spock in this prequel to the Star Trek franchise.
Trailers & Clips
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Prometheus...
Prometheus releases to home video on October 9, 2012.