Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Proving one person's choices do affect the lives of others, this crime drama looks at how the actions of a motorcycle stunt rider (Ryan Gosling) who begins robbing banks impacts his son (Dane DeHaan), lover (Eva Mendes) and the police officer (Bradley Cooper) that tries to stop him.
Why Is The Place Beyond The Pines Rated R?
The Place Beyond The Pines is rated R for language throughout, some violence, teen drug and alcohol use, and a sexual reference
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in The Place Beyond The Pines...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief explicit violence.
- Depictions of beating, fighting and shooting.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Disturbing scenes.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Crude content.
Approximately 191 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of profanity, cursing, and crude sexual references.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Three scenes of drug use involving marijuana and opiates.
- Frequent tobacco use (smoking).
- Alcohol abuse.
- Infrequent portrayals of prescription drug abuse.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to The Place Beyond The Pines.
Ryan Gosling plays another quiet, skilled motorist in the R rated movie Drive. The more family-friendly Lars and the Real Girl also shows the actor’s shy side. Bradley Cooper depicts another character torn by ethical questions in The Words.
Trailers & Clips
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of The Place Beyond The Pines...
The Place Beyond the Pines releases to home video on August 6, 2013.