Papillon Parent Guide
Dangerous escape from Devil's Island.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Papillon rated R? Papillon is rated R by the MPAA for violence including bloody images, language, nudity, and some sexual material
- Several scenes of depicting physical assault and injury.
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand, weapons, and gun violence, with blood and some detail.
- Violent acts shown in realistic detail with blood and tissue damage.
- Occasional gory/grotesque images.
- Occasional upsetting or disturbing scenes.
- Two scenes of nudity (depicting breasts, buttocks and/or genitalia) in non-sexual contexts.
- Infrequent sexually suggestive scenes, with no nudity or detail.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Crude content
- Embracing and kissing
Approximately 27 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol in a recreational context.
- Tobacco use.
Page last updated August 24, 2018
News About "Papillon"
Cast and Crew
Papillon is directed by Michael Noer and stars Rami Malek, Charlie Hunnam, Tommy Flanagan .