Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies.
When journalist Ward Jansen (Matthew McConaughey) decides to investigate the story behind a death-row inmate (John Cussack), he endangers himself, his innocent brother (Zac Efron) and the not-so-innocent woman (Nicole Kidman) who thinks she's in love with the convicted murderer.
Why Is The Paperboy Rated R?
The Paperboy is rated R for strong sexual content, violence and language.
Extra info about this movie
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence, with realistic detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Graphic portrayals of sexual violence.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Disturbing scenes.
- Depictions of fighting, beating, stabbing and throat-slitting.
- Portrayals of hand-to-hand and weapons violence, with blood and detail shown.
- Breast and buttock nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Nudity in a sexual situation.
- Portrayals of sexual activity in a coercive context (buttock nudity and some detail shown).
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Infrequent detailed portrayals of crude bodily functions.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent and aggressive sexual references, slurs and innuendo.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in a sexual or aggressive context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, vulgar expressions and profanity.
- Sexual and ethno-cultural slurs, sometimes in an aggressive context.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Frequent smoking.
- Alcohol abuse.
- Substance abuse.
- Depiction of drug use involving marijuana.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to The Paperboy.
Fans of Zac Efron will find this dark film to be a big departure from the character he played in the High School Musical franchise. The other stars in this movie can also be seen in more family-friendly fare, such as Sahara (Matthew McConaughey), Bewitched (Nicole Kidman) and Martian Child (John Cusack).
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 18A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of The Paperboy...
The Paperboy releases to home video on January 15, 2013.