The Nun Parent Guide
An unholy terror.
Watch the trailer for The Nun
Rating & Content Info
Why is The Nun rated R? The Nun is rated R by the MPAA Terror, violence, and disturbing/bloody images.Violence:
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand, gun, and weapons violence most in a horror context, some in a suicide context
- Some blood and detail
- Frequent portrayals of frightening scenes, monsters, transformations, and unexplained aural and visual phenomena
- Occasional gory/grotesque images
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, and profanity
- One instance of coarse language
- Use of expletives
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol use in a recreational context
Page last updated September 21, 2018
News About "The Nun"
From the Studio: When a young nun at a cloistered abbey in Romania takes her own life, a priest with a haunted past and a novitiate on the threshold of her final vows are sent by the Vatican to investigate. Together they uncover the order's unholy secret. Risking not only their lives but their faith and their very souls, they confront a malevolent force in the form of the same demonic nun that first terrorized audiences in 'The Conjuring 2,' as the abbey becomes a horrific battleground between the living and the damned. Written by Warner Bros.
Cast and Crew
The Nun is directed by Corin Hardy and stars Taissa Farmiga, Bonnie Aarons, Demián Bichir, Charlotte Hope.