Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
A lengthy list of Hollywood headliners have gotten together to direct and star in this crass comedy featuring just about as many storylines. Perhaps that is why they called it Movie 43.
Why Is Movie 43 Rated R?
Movie 43 is rated R for strong pervasive crude and sexual content including dialogue, graphic nudity, language, some violence and drug use.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Movie 43...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Infrequent portrayals of weapons and hand-to-hand violence, with blood and detail.
- Depictions of beating, shooting, dismemberment and explosion.
- Several scenes of nudity, depicting breasts, buttocks and pubic region, in sexual and non-sexual contexts.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Detailed offensive scenes.
- Embracing, kissing and fondling.
- Frequent crude and detailed portrayals of bodily functions (including a scene of crude content depicting feces).
- Frequent aggressive sexual references and innuendo.
- Crude content.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, many in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, as well as sexual, ethno-cultural, and developmental slurs.
- Frequent and detailed use of crude, descriptive sexual language, vulgar expressions and references.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Substance abuse.
- Depiction of drug use (marijuana).
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Movie 43.
A group of not-so-famous players get together to spoofy Hollywood blockbusters in the Scary Movie Franchise. Many of the stars in this film can be seen in more family friendly fare, like: The Help (Emma Stone), Nim’s Island (Gerard Butler), Real Steel (Hugh Jackman), Shall We Dance (Richard Gere), In Good Company (Dennis Quaid), Flash of Genius (Greg Kinnear), Superman Returns (Kate Bosworth), Galaxy Quest (Justin Long) and The Emperor’s New Groove (voice of Patrick Warburton).
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 18A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Movie 43...
Home Video Release Date: 18 June 2013
Movie 43 releases to home video in an Outrageous Edition.