Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
When Issa Karpov (Grigoriy Dobrygin) illegally immigrates to Germany, the Muslim man claims to be a victim escaping torture. But suspicious officials (one played by Philip Seymour Hoffman) fear he may actually be a terrorist.
Why Is A Most Wanted Man Rated R?
A Most Wanted Man is rated R for language.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in A Most Wanted Man...This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief non-graphic violence.
- Depiction of punching.
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand violence with no blood or detail.
- Infrequent portrayals of the after-effects of torture, with no blood and some detail.
- Infrequent references to torture and sexual assault, with little detail.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Three instances of sexual language.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual references.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in an aggressive or sexual context.
- Infrequent use of cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Frequent portrayals of tobacco and alcohol use,
Extra info about this movie
From the Studio:
When a half-Chechen, half-Russian, brutally tortured immigrant turns up in Hamburg’s Islamic community, laying claim to his father’s ill gotten fortune, both German and US security agencies take a close interest: as the clock ticks down and the stakes rise, the race is on to establish this most wanted man’s true identity - oppressed victim or destruction-bent extremist? Based on John le Carré‘s novel, A MOST WANTED MAN is a contemporary, cerebral tale of intrigue, love, rivalry, and politics that prickles with tension right through to its last heart-stopping scene. —Written by Roadside Attractions
This movie is releasing after the death of actor Philip Seymour Hoffman.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to A Most Wanted Man.
Trailers & Clips
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of A Most Wanted Man...
A Most Wanted Man releases to home video on November 4, 2014.