The Messenger Parent Guide
Rating & Content Info
Why is The Messenger rated R? The Messenger is rated R by the MPAA for language and some sexual content/nudity.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Brief portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Scene of violence depicting slapping.
- Occasional disturbing scenes.
-Verbal references to war violence.
- Nudity shown in a non-sexual context.
- Full frontal nudity (buttocks and breasts shown) in a sexual situation.
- Implied and simulated sexual activity.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing, kissing and fondling.
-Approximately 61 instances of strong aggressive coarse language.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Alcohol abuse.
Page last updated February 13, 2012
More parents' guide for The Messenger after the break...
News About "The Messenger"
Cast and Crew
The Messenger is directed by Oren Moverman and stars Ben Foster, Woody Harrelson, Samantha Morton, Oren Moverman .
The most recent home video release of The Messenger movie is May 18, 2010. Here are some details…
The Messenger releases to DVD and Blu-ray on May 18, 2010.