Mary Queen of Scots Parent Guide
Family relationships turn deadly in this tale of cousins sitting on the thrones of England and Scotland.
Watch the trailer for Mary Queen of Scots
Mary Queen of Scots
Rating & Content Info
Why is Mary Queen of Scots rated R? Mary Queen of Scots is rated R by the MPAAViolence:
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand, weapons, and gun violence
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual assault
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity
- Scene of nudity, depicting buttocks, in a non-sexual context
- Infrequent use of cursing, sexual slurs, and vulgar expressions
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol use in a recreational context
Page last updated December 6, 2018
News About "Mary Queen of Scots"
Cast and Crew
Mary Queen of Scots is directed by Josie Rourke and stars Margot Robbie, Gemma Chan, and Saoirse Ronan.
Related home video titles:
Elizabeth I is a towering historical figure whose life has been turned into books and films on multiple occasions. Cate Blanchett stars as the “Virgin Queen” in Elizabeth the Golden Age.
The Tudor dynasty was a hotbed of intrigue. A Man for All Seasons tells the story of Sir Thomas More, Lord High Chancellor to Elizabeth I’s father, King Henry VIII.
For a more current take on the British royal family, The Queen features Helen Mirren as Queen Elizabeth II. The King’s Speech tells the story of Elizabeth II’s father, King George VI, who was known as Albert, Duke of York before his ascension to the throne.