Magic Mike Parent Guide
Rating & Content Info
Why is Magic Mike rated R? Magic Mike is rated R by the MPAA for pervasive sexual content, brief graphic nudity, language and some drug use.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence (fighting).
- Frequent use of crude and sexual language and references.
- Several scenes of nudity, depicting breasts, buttocks and genitalia, in sexual and non-sexual contexts.
- Nudity in a sexual situation.
- Frequent sexually suggestive scenes, often in a strip club context.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Crude content.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of expletives and coarse language (approximately 220 instances).
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in sexual contexts.<->
- Frequent use of scatological slang and profanity
- Limited use of slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Alcohol abuse.
- Three scenes of drug use involving marijuana, GHB and ecstasy.
- Frequent tobacco use.
Page last updated July 8, 2016
News About "Magic Mike"
Cast and Crew
Magic Mike is directed by Steven Soderbergh and stars Channing Tatum, Alex Pettyfer, Olivia Munn, Matthew McConaughey .
According to his biography on the IMDB, "Tatum began working as an exotic dancer at a local nightclub, under the name "Chan Crawford." In 2010, he told an Australian newspaper that he would like to make a movie about his experiences as a stripper."
The most recent home video release of Magic Mike movie is October 23, 2012. Here are some details…
Magic Mike releases to home video on October 23, 2012.