Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Rob Zombie brings his macabre vision to this tale of a radio DJ named Heidi (Sheri Moon Zombie) who receives a record addressed from "The Lords". Listening to the album brings back strange memories of her traumatic past, along with grave fears for the future.
Why Is Lords of Salem Rated R?
Lords of Salem is rated R for disturbing violent and sexual content, graphic nudity, language and some drug use.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Lords of Salem...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent portrayals of weapons violence, most in a disturbing fantasy context, with blood, suffering and wound detail shown.
- Portrayal of sexual assault, with no nudity but some detail shown.
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity (male genital nudity and some detail is shown).
- Frequent female frontal nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity and vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Infrequent portrayals of illegal drug use (shown in some detail).
Extra info about this movie
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Lords of Salem.
Canadian Movie Ratings
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Lords of Salem...
Lords of Salem releases to home video on September 3, 2013.