Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Not all missions are a success. Such is the case when four Navy SEALs are assigned to capture or kill Taliban leader Ahmad Shahd in June 2005. Based on a true story, this movie follows their ill-fated attempt and the tale of the lone survivor (Mark Wahlberger).
Why Is Lone Survivor Rated R?
Lone Survivor is rated R for strong bloody war violence and pervasive language.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Lone Survivor...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Explicit gory and grotesque images.
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapon, and hand-to-hand violence, with blood, gore and some detail.
- Frequent depictions of beating, shooting, stabbing and explosions.
- Frequent portrayals of wound damage with blood and some detail.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner, with detail with blood and tissue damage.
- Infrequent use of crude sexual language.
- Mild sexual references.
Approximately 180 instances of coarse language including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in non-sexual contexts.
- One use of the sexual expletive in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of profanity, cursing and vulgar expressions.
Extra info about this movie
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Lone Survivor.
Trailers & Clips
News & Views About Lone Survivor:
Lego Storms the Box OfficeLEGO came out of the box and onto the big screen in a big way on its opening weekend. Thanks to the building bricks strong brand appeal and popularity among kids and adults, The Lego Movie grossed over $69 million.
Who Gets To Vote for Movie Awards?It’s awards season, the time of year when Hollywood potentates get sore hands and shoulders from all the back patting. What with Golden Globes, Oscars, Critics’ Choice Awards, People’s Choice Awards, etcetera, etcetera… it all gets to be a bit much. And we haven’t even mentioned “guild” ...
Christmas Comes Early With Critics Choice NominationsChristmas is just around the corner but for some in the movie industry the celebrations have already started. This week the Broadcast Film Critics Association (our reviewer Rod Gustafson is a voting member) announced the nominees for this years 19th Annual Critics’ Choice Movie Awards. The winners will be named ...
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Lone Survivor...
Lone Survivor releases to home video (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD with UltraViolet) on June 3, 2014.