Logan Parent Guide
This first movie to get an R-rating in the X-Men franchise is supposed to show Wolverine's softer side.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Logan rated R? Logan is rated R by the MPAA for strong brutal violence and language throughout, and for brief nudity.
- Non-graphic violence.
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Pervasive portrayals of hand-to-hand, weapons, and gun violence, with blood, physical assault, injury and wound detail.
- Explicit depictions of weapons use and decapitation.
- Violent acts shown in realistic detail with blood and tissue damage.
- Frequent gory and grotesque images.
- Disturbing scenes.
- Scene of nudity, depicting breasts, in a non-sexual context.
- Mild sexual references.
Approximately 80 instances of coarse and/or sexual language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of cursing , profanity, and vulgar expressions.
- Limited use of slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Tobacco use.
- Alcohol use.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
More parents' guide for Logan after the break...
News About "Logan"
Logan was perviously titled Wolverine Sequel 2017.
Cast and Crew
Logan is directed by James Mangold and stars Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Boyd Holbrook .
The most recent home video release of Logan movie is May 23, 2017. Here are some details…
Logan releases to home video (Blu-ray/DVD/Digital HD) on May 23, 2017.
Bonus features include:
- Logan Noir: a black-and-white version of the film
- Audio commentary by director James Mangold
- Deleted scenes with optional audio commentary by Mangold
- Making Logan — behind-the-scenes documentary