Leviathan Parent Guide
For the love of home and family.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Leviathan rated R? Leviathan is rated R by the MPAA for language and some sexuality/graphic nudity.
NOTE: This is s Russian language film with English subtitles.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Two scenes of depicting beating.
- Infrequent hand-to-hand violence, with little detail.
- Brief portrayal of sexual activity, with no nudity.
- Brief female frontal and buttock nudity seen in a non-sexual context.
- Nudity (depicting breasts, buttocks and pubic region), in a sexual context.
- Three instances of sexual language.
- Mild sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 26 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang and vulgar expressions.
- Limited use of slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Tobacco use.
- Pervasive, detailed portrayals of alcohol use and drunkenness.
From the Studio:
The latest drama from Andrey Zvyagintsev, the acclaimed director of The Return (Venice Film Festival Golden Lion winner and Golden Globe nominee). Kolya (AlexeÏ Serebriakov) lives in a small fishing town near the stunning Barents Sea in Northern Russia. He owns an auto-repair shop that stands right next to the house where he lives with his young wife Lilya (Elena Liadova) and his son Roma (SergueÏ Pokhodaev) from a previous marriage.
The town’s corrupt mayor Vadim Shelevyat (Roman Madianov) is determined to take away his business, his house, as well as his land. First the Mayor tries buying off Kolya, but Kolya unflinchingly fights as hard as he can so as not to lose everything he owns including the beauty that has surrounded him from the day he was born. Facing resistance, the mayor starts being more aggressive…..
Sony Pictures Classics
Page last updated May 19, 2015
News About "Leviathan"
Cast and Crew
Leviathan is directed by Andrey Zvyagintsev and stars Elena Lyadova, Vladimir Vdovichenkov, Aleksey Serebryakov, Roman Madyanov.
The most recent home video release of Leviathan movie is May 19, 2015. Here are some details…