LBJ Parent Guide
Extraordinary events lead to the presidency of Lyndon Baines Johnson.
Rating & Content Info
Why is LBJ rated R? LBJ is rated R by the MPAA for language.Violence:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Infrequent hand-to-hand, weapons, and gun violence: Most in a historical and civil unrest context, with blood and some detail.
- Two scenes of violence depicting weapons, injury and physical assault.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Mild sexual references.
- Occasional crude scenes.
Approximately 20 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity and vulgar expressions.
- Developmental and ethnocultural slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in recreational and historical contexts.
Page last updated February 6, 2018
More parents' guide for LBJ after the break...
News About "LBJ"
Lyndon B Johnson was the Vise President of the US, under John F Kennedy, and became the 36 President of the United States after the assassination of Kennedy on November 22, 1963.
The movie LBJ dramatizes his life, his political career, and the path he pursued after the death of the Commander in Chief. Woody Harrelson plays Johnson, and Jennifer Jason Leigh takes on the role of his wife Lady Bird Johnson. Also portrayed are John F. Kennedy (Jeffrey Donovan), his brother Robert F. Kennedy (Michael Stahl-David), white supremacists Senator Richard Russell (Richard Jenkins), author/speech writer Arthur M.Schlesinger (Wallace Langham) and Democratic Party member and civil rights supporter Ralph Yarborough (Bill Pullman).
Cast and Crew
LBJ is directed by Rob Reiner and stars Jennifer Jason Leigh, Woody Harrelson, C. Thomas Howell, Bill Pullman.
The most recent home video release of LBJ movie is February 6, 2018. Here are some details…
LBJ release to home video (Blu-ray + Digital) on February 6, 2018.