Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
In this gritty look at the bootlegging industry during the Depression era, the Bondurant family (Tom Hardy, Shia LaBeouf and Jason Clarke) tries to keep control of their Virginia based moonshine manufacturing business when the local authorities and big-time mobsters decide they want in on the action.
Why Is Lawless Rated R?
Lawless is rated R for strong bloody violence, language and some sexuality/nudity.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Lawless...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Portrayals of torture.
- Upsetting and disturbing scenes that may have an adverse psychological impact.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Frequent depictions of beating, shooting, stabbing, throat-slitting and mutilation.
- Infrequent portrayals of corpses.
- Infrequent breast and female frontal nudity shown in a non-sexual context.
- Partial and full nudity shown in a sexual situation.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in an aggressive context.
- Frequent cursing.
- Infrequent use of ethno-cultural and sexual slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Frequent tobacco use (smoking).
- Alcohol abuse.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Lawless.
Trailers & Clips
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Lawless...
Lawless/i> releases to home video on November 27, 2012.