Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Clyde Shelton (Gerard Butler) may appear to be a Law Abiding Citizen, but he is determined to get revenge. His first targets are those who murdered his wife and daughter (Brooke Stacy Mills and Ksenia Hulayev), and then he wants justice for the prosecutor (Jamie Foxx) who's plea-bargaining allowed the killers go free.
Why Is Law Abiding Citizen Rated R?
Law Abiding Citizen is rated R for strong bloody brutal violence and torture, a scene of rape, and pervasive language.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Law Abiding Citizen...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent portrayals of non-graphic violence, including shootings, stabbings and explosions (blood and detail shown).
- Portrayals of graphic violence, including gruesome deaths(blood, gore, and detailed wounds shown).
- Portrayals of prolonged suffering and emotional distress.
- Prolonged portrayal of torture and execution.
- Frequent disturbing scenes.
- Implied sexual activity and sexual violence.
- Sexual references, crude language and sexual slurs.
- Buttock nudity shown in non-sexual contexts.
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations in non-sexual contexts.
- Frequent use of profanity, cursing, vulgar expressions, and scatological slang.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Depiction of substance abuse and drug use.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Law Abiding Citizen.
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 18A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Law Abiding Citizen...
Law Abiding Citizen releases to DVD and Blu-ray on February 16, 2010.