Killing Them Softly Parent Guide
Killing Them Softly
Rating & Content Info
Why is Killing Them Softly rated R? Killing Them Softly is rated R by the MPAA for violence, sexual references, pervasive language, and some drug use.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Brutal violence.
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand combat and weapons use, with some blood and detail shown.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with details, blood and tissue damage.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Depictions of torture.
- Depictions of beating and shooting.
- Disturbing Scenes.
- Frequent use of coarse sexual language and references.
- Scene of nudity (depicting buttocks) in a sexual context.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Crude content.
Approximately 240 instances of coarse language: including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, many in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang and profanity.
- Infrequent use of developmental, ethno-cultural, and sexual slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- References to and portrayals of drug use, including heroine use.
- Frequent tobacco use (smoking).
- Detailed alcohol abuse.
- Substance abuse.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
More parents' guide for Killing Them Softly after the break...
News About "Killing Them Softly"
Cast and Crew
Killing Them Softly is directed by Andrew Dominik and stars Brad Pitt, Ray Liotta, Richard Jenkins, Scoot McNairy.
The most recent home video release of Killing Them Softly movie is March 26, 2013. Here are some details…
Killing Them Softly releases to home video on March 26, 2013.