Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
The Gods are threatened when the earthly King Hyperion (Mickey Rourke) sets out to free the Titans, an enormous army whom the immortal rulers imprisoned eons ago. Now Zeus's (John Hurt) greatest hope and ally is a promising peasant named Theseus (Henry Cavill).
Why Is The Immortals Rated R?
The Immortals is rated R for sequences of strong bloody violence, and a scene of sexuality.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in The Immortals...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Explicit gory and grotesque images.
- Several explicit depictions of decapitation, dismemberment, disembowelment, impalement and mutilation.
- Depictions of fighting, beating, shooting and stabbing.
- Pervasive hand-to-hand conflict and weapons use (some in a context of torture).
- Frequent portrayals of gruesome death with blood, gore and detail.
- Infrequent portrayals of grotesque monsters and nightmarish imagery.
- Disturbing scenes.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Nudity shown in a brief sexual situation.
- Mild sexual references and innuendo.
- One detailed portrayal of sexual activity shown with buttock and breast nudity.
- Use of profanities and slurs.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to The Immortals.
The producers of this movie also created the film 300. Other villains try to unleash imprisoned armies to fight for their causes in Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian and The Mummy - Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. Greek gods are also portrayed in the movies Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, Clash of the Titans and Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas. Some of these legends are dramatized in Jim Hensons The Story Teller/ Greek Myths.
Trailers & Clips
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 18A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of The Immortals...
The Immortalsreleases to DVD and Blu-ray on March 6, 2012.