The Immigrant Parent Guide
The new world proves to be worse than the old world.
Rating & Content Info
Why is The Immigrant rated R? The Immigrant is rated R by the MPAA for sexual content, nudity and some language.
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of non-graphic violence.
- Depictions of fighting and stabbing.
- Infrequent weapons and hand-to-hand violence, with little blood and detail shown.
- Disturbing scenes.
- Breast nudity seen in a sexual context.
- Breast nudity seen in a non-sexual context, sometimes in a performance context.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity and vulgar expressions.
- Ethno-cultural and sexual slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- References to drugs, alcohol or tobacco.
Page last updated May 23, 2016
News About "The Immigrant"
Cast and Crew
The Immigrant is directed by James Gray and stars Marion Cotillard, Joaquin Phoenix, Jeremy Renner.
Release Date: 16 May 2014 (Limited)
From the Studio: 1921. In search of a new start and the American dream, Ewa Cybulska and her sister Magda sail to New York from their native Poland. When they reach Ellis Island, doctors discover that Magda is ill, and the two women are separated. Ewa is released onto the mean streets of Manhattan while her sister is quarantined. Alone, with nowhere to turn and desperate to reunite with Magda, she quickly falls prey to Bruno, a charming but wicked man who takes her in and forces her into prostitution. And then one day, Ewa encounters Bruno's cousin, the debonair magician Orlando. He sweeps Ewa off her feet and quickly becomes her only chance to escape the nightmare in which she finds herself. --Written by Wild Bunch
The most recent home video release of The Immigrant movie is April 7, 2015. Here are some details…
The Immigrant releases to home video on April 7, 2015.