Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Sandy (Jason Bateman), normally an upright citizen, has his identity stolen but the police refuse to track down the culprit. Desperate to get his life back he determines to pick up the thief (Melissa McCarthy) himself -- but that just makes matters worse.
Why Is Identity Thief Rated R?
Identity Thief is rated R for sexual content and language.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Identity Thief...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Depictions of fighting, beating, shooting and electrocution.
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand and weapons violence.
- Brief buttock nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Implied sexual activity (no nudity, some detail).
- Embracing and kissing.
- Infrequent crude portrayals of bodily functions (vomiting).
- Crude content.
- Sexual language ,references and innuendo.
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in an aggressive context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, sexual references, and vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Alcohol abuse.
Trailers & Clips
News & Views About Identity Thief:
Box Office Releases List of Top Grossing Movies for 2013It’s that time of year when everyone makes lists—either goals for the New Year or the “best of” from 2013. In the spirit of the season, Box Office Mojo has released a list of 2013’s top domestic box office movies (as of December 1).
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Identity Thief...
Identity Thief releases to home video on June 4, 2013.