The House Parent Guide
Gamble the future away.
Rating & Content Info
Why is The House rated R? The House is rated R by the MPAA for language throughout, sexual references, drug use, some violence and brief nudity.
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand and weapons violence, with blood and detail.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Depictions of weapons use, injury, physical assault and dismemberment.
- Violent acts shown in realistic detail with blood and tissue damage.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Sexual references and language, with some detail.
- Breast nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Infrequent portrayals of crude bodily functions.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 120 instances of coarse and/or sexual language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in sexual contexts.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions
- Limited use of slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Frequent portrayals of tobacco, alcohol use in a recreational context.
- Four scenes of drug use involving marijuana and/or cocaine.
- Substance abuse.
Page last updated June 12, 2017
News About "The House"
Cast and Crew
The House is directed by Andrew Jay Cohen and stars Will Ferrell, Amy Poehler, Allison Tolman .