Horns Parent Guide
It's as plain as the horns on his head.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Horns rated R? Horns is rated R by the MPAA for sexual content, some graphic nudity, disturbing violence including a sexual assault, language and drug use.This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Upsetting and disturbing scenes
- Explicit depiction of a shooting.
- Infrequent portrayals of gun, hand-to-hand, and weapons violence, with blood and some gruesome detail.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner, with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Portrayal of sexual assault, with no nudity and some detail.
- Nudity (depicting breasts and genitalia) shown in non-sexual contexts;
- Nudity (breasts and buttocks) shown in sexual situation.
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Implied sexual activity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
Approximately 120 instances of coarse language including:
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in an aggressive or sexual context.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity and cursing.
- Racial and sexual slurs.
- Crude sexual language.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Detailed portrayals of illegal drug use, involving cocaine and hallucinogens.
- Detailed alcohol and substance abuse.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
More parents' guide for Horns after the break...
News About "Horns"
From the Studio:
Based on the novel by Joe Hill, Horns is a supernatural thriller driven by fantasy, mystery and romance. The film follows Ig Perrish (Daniel Radcliffe, "Harry Potter" films), the number one suspect for the violent rape and murder of his girlfriend, Merrin (Juno Temple). Hungover from a night of hard drinking, Ig awakens one morning to find horns starting to grow from his own head and soon realizes their power drives people to confess their sins and give in to their most selfish and unspeakable impulses - an effective tool in his quest to discover the true circumstances of his late girlfriend's tragedy and for exacting revenge on her killer. © Radius-TWC
Cast and Crew
Horns is directed by Alexandre Aja and stars Juno Temple, Daniel Radcliffe, Sabrina Carpenter .
The most recent home video release of Horns movie is January 6, 2015. Here are some details…
Horns releases to home video on January 6, 2015.