The Time Machine (1960)
The most recent home video release of this movie is July 8, 2014. Here are some details…
Home Video Notes: The Time Machine
Release Date: 8 July 2014
The Time Machine releases to home video (Blu-ray) with the following special features:
- Original theatrical trailer
- Behind the scenes documentary Time Machine: The Journey Back, hosted by Rod Taylor and featuring Alan Young and Whit Bissell
The Time Machine: The Journey Back, narrated by Rod Taylor, provides glimpses into the making of the film and its special effects. It also traces the less than illustrious journey of the Time Machine—the prop that was used in the movie—and its return to grace. But the highlight of the documentary is a dramatized scene featuring Alan Young (Filby) and Rod Taylor (George), where the two friends meet again, thirty years after George’s disappearance with the time machine. It provides some answers (and more questions) about what has happened in the lives of the characters since we saw them last. Fans of the film will likely enjoy this reunion as much as the actors did.
DVD Release Information:
- Studio: Warner Bros.
- Theatrical release date: August 1960
- DVD release date: October 3, 2000
- Runtime: 103 minutes
- Production company: Warner Bros.
- Package type: Snap case
- Aspect ratio: Widescreen letterbox - 1.66:1
- DVD encoding: Region 1
- Available audio tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1), French (Dolby Digital 2.0)
- Available subtitles: English, French.
- The Time Machine: The Journey Back - Documentary hosted by Rod Taylor, featuring co-stars Alan Young and Whit Bissell.
Related home video titles:
The concept of time travel is explored in Kate And Leopold, while the changes wrought by time are the major theme of Blast From The Past and Planet Of The Apes. If you have ever wondered what you’d miss most if you were to leave your regular life behind, see Cast Away. There is also a 2002 remake of The Time Machine.