The Hitman’s Bodyguard Parent Guide
Get me to the court on time.
The Hitman’s Bodyguard
Rating & Content Info
Why is The Hitman’s Bodyguard rated R? The Hitman’s Bodyguard is rated R by the MPAA for strong violence and language throughout.
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Frequent scenes of violence depicting injury and physical assault.
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence in an action context, with blood and some detail.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Upsetting and disturbing scenes.
- Nude buttocks seen in a sexual context.
- Crude content.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual innuendo.
Approximately 180 instances of coarse language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, sometimes in an aggressive context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang.
- Infrequent use of vulgar expressions, cursing and profanity.
- Three instances of sexual language.
- Developmental and sexual slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Tobacco use.
- Alcohol use.
- Infrequent portrayals of prescription drug use in a recreational context.
Page last updated November 21, 2017
More parents' guide for The Hitman’s Bodyguard after the break...
News About "The Hitman’s Bodyguard"
Promotional materials for The Hitman's Bodyguard have been plentiful in the days building up to the release of the comedy starring Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L. Jackson. As part of the studio's plan to create anticipation for the film, a "Red Band Trailer" has been released. (We have not included a link to it because that designation means the trailer contains material that is not appropriate for all ages.)
The selected footage gives viewers a taste of the humor they can expect in the movie, which consists mostly of the irony of hiring a desk jockey in a suit (Reynolds) to protect a rough-and-tumble, gun-for-hire (Jackson). Violent altercations and threats of harm are turned into jokes. And the f-word is frequently thrown around for laughs. (It does promote the use of seat-belts though.) Because the video is marked "Red Band", there is no attempt to edit or bleep anything potentially offense.
While both leading men are talented performers, the inclusion of foul language and gunplay will likely have many family movie goers on their guard.
Cast and Crew
The Hitman’s Bodyguard is directed by Patrick Hughes and stars Ryan Reynolds, Samuel L. Jackson, Salma Hayek.
The most recent home video release of The Hitman’s Bodyguard movie is November 21, 2017. Here are some details…
The Hitman’s Bodyguard releases to home video (Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy) on November 21, 2017, with the following extras:
- Director’s Commentary
- “Big Action in a Big World” Featurette
Exclusive HD Content
- Deleted, Extended, and Alternate Scenes
- “The Hitman’s Bodyguard: A Love Story” Featurette
- “Hitman vs. Bodyguard” Featurette
- “Dangerous Women” Featurette