Hereditary Parent Guide
A bequeath from hell.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Hereditary rated R? Hereditary is rated R by the MPAA for horror violence, disturbing images, language, drug use and brief graphic nudity
- Brief explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in realistic detail with blood and tissue damage.
- Frightening scenes depicting supernatural beings.
- Depictions of physical assault, injury and decapitation.
- Portrayals of weapons and hand-to-hand violence, with some blood and detail.
- Frequent portrayals of unexplained aural and visual phenomena, with blood and some gory detail.
- frequent disturbing scenes.
- Gory images.
- Male and female frontal nudity seen in a non-sexual context.
- Sexual references.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 35 instances of coarse and/or sexual language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity and vulgar expressions.
- Developmental slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Alcohol use.
- Substance abuse.
- Three scenes of drug use involving cannabis.
Page last updated June 11, 2018
More parents' guide for Hereditary after the break...
News About "Hereditary"
Cast and Crew
Hereditary is directed by Ari Aster and stars Toni Collette, Gabriel Byrne, Alex Wolff .