Get Our Full Review
Half human/half god, Hercules (Dwayne Johnson) can't seem to please those in heaven with his amazing physical feats. So he hires out his talents to those on earth.
Why Is Hercules Rated PG-13?
Hercules is rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences, violence, suggestive comments, brief strong language and partial nudity.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Hercules...
Violence: This movie includes frequent battle scenes with countless characters being beaten, stabbed and shot at with arrows. Characters are literally mowed down by a man riding a chariot with blades extending out the sides. Scenes show stacks of corpses on the ground, some are shown in detail with blood effects. A man is seen fighting numerous huge beasts that are eventually defeated; later he opens a bag that reveals a large serpent’s head and a human head. A man licks blood from a rotting head on a spit. A statue crushes a man. Brief mention is made of women being “spoiled”, suggesting they were raped.
Sexual Content: A woman is briefly seen naked from the rear. Infrequent sexual innuendos are heard, including a couple of bondage remarks. A woman gives birth to a baby, we briefly see the naked child (covered in some blood). A couple of women are seen in low cut dresses. A female warrior is dressed in a leather bra and shorts. A brief mention of implied rape is heard.
Language: A single sexual expletive, at least three scatological terms and other infrequent profanities are heard.
Drugs/Alcohol: Characters are seen drinking, and a couple of them appear to be inebriated. One characters suggests another has been “taking herbs,” implying he’s using drugs.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Hercules.
This legend of Greek and Roman myth has been adapted to the big screen before in Disney’s Hercules and The Legend of Hercules (also known as: Hercules: The Legend Begins). Other children who are the offspring of human/god couplings are featured in the movies Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief and Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters.
Trailers & Clips
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Hercules...Home Video Notes: Hercules
Release Date: 4 November 2014
Dwayne Johnson's version of Herules releases to home video (Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy) with the following bonus extras:
- Theatrical & Extended Cuts
- Theatrical Commentary by director Brett Ratner and producer Beau Flynn
- An Introduction: Brett Ratner and Dwayne Johnson
- Hercules and his Mercenaries - Delve into the story behind the team assembled by Hercules for his perilous missions and the skills required of them.
- Weapons! - Exploration of the weapons created for the spectacular action scenes, including training with the actors.
- The Bessi Battle - Discover how one of the major action sequences of the film was created with the filmmakers, actors, stunt team, make-up effects and more.
- The Effects of Hercules - A behind-the-scenes look at the film's spectacular visual effects.
- 15 Deleted/Extended Scenes