Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
It's a good idea to use the buddy system when faced with a dangerous situation. That's why the FBI teams up Agent Sarah Ashburn (Sandra Bullock) with Police Officer Shannon Mullins (Melissa McCarthy) when tracking a drug lord. Problem is neither tough-gal is good at being a buddy.
Why Is The Heat Rated R?
The Heat is rated R for pervasive language, strong crude content and some violence.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in The Heat...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Depictions of beating, stabbing, shooting and explosion.
- Portrayals of gun, weapon, and hand-to-hand violence in a comedic context.
- Occasional gory and grotesque images.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with detail, blood and tissue damage.
- Some scenes may frighten children.
- Detailed disturbing scenes that may have an adverse psychological impact.
- Sexual language, references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Crude content.
-Approximately 269 instances of coarse language including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
- Slurs/sexual references.
Drug & Alcohol Use:
- Tobacco use.
- Alcohol abuse.
- Substance abuse.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to The Heat.
Trailers & Clips
News & Views About The Heat:
Box Office Releases List of Top Grossing Movies for 2013It’s that time of year when everyone makes lists—either goals for the New Year or the “best of” from 2013. In the spirit of the season, Box Office Mojo has released a list of 2013’s top domestic box office movies (as of December 1).
Christmas Comes Early With Critics Choice NominationsChristmas is just around the corner but for some in the movie industry the celebrations have already started. This week the Broadcast Film Critics Association (our reviewer Rod Gustafson is a voting member) announced the nominees for this years 19th Annual Critics’ Choice Movie Awards. The winners will be named ...
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of The Heat...
The Heat releases to home video (in a rated and unrated version) on October 15, 2013.