Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
This remake of the 1978 classic horror film (which was also called Halloween), tells the story of Michael Myers (Tyler Mane) who has spent 17 years in a mental institution after murdering one of his siblings. Returning home to Haddonfield after this long absence, the physiologically unstable man is determined to find his other sister (Scout Taylor-Compton) and he won't let anyone stand in his way.
Why Is Halloween (2007) Rated R?
Halloween (2007) is rated R for strong violence, language, some sexuality and brief drug use
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Halloween (2007)...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent scenes of explicit violence including beatings, stabbings, mutilation, and murder.
- Gory depictions of dead and mutilated corpses, along with mutilated animals (blood and detail shown).
- Frequent gun and weapons use, as well as hand-to-hand combat (blood, gore and detailed wounds shown
- Portrayals of intense fear and psychological suffering.
- Graphic portrayals of torture.
- Frequent disturbing scenes and gory/grotesque images.
- Occasional gory/grotesque images
- Frequent upsetting or disturbing scenes
- Implied sexual activity with teen-aged characters (breast and buttock nudity shown).
- Brief instances of simulated sexual activity.
- Breast and buttock nudity shown in a violent context
- Nudity in both sexual and non-sexual contexts.
- Use of crude and descriptive sexual language, references and innuendo.
- Frequent (about 45) uses of the sexual expletive and variations, some in a sexual context.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity and vulgar expressions.
- Infrequent use of ethno-cultural slurs and derogatory references to sexual orientation.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Depiction of some tobacco use (smoking).
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Halloween (2007).
Halloween movies don’t have to be this frightening! Click here for a list of spooky suggestions.