Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Two married men (Owen Wilson and Jason Sudeikis) are feeling constrained by their matrimonial vows until their wives (Jenna Fischer and Christina Applegate) give them each a Hall Pass--one week to do whatever they want without facing consequences. But the pair soon discovers that the enticements of single life are eluding them.
Why Is Hall Pass Rated R?
Hall Pass is rated R for crude and sexual humor throughout, language, some graphic nudity and drug use.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Hall Pass...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Portrayals of gun and hand-to-hand violence with no blood and little detail.
- Pervasive use of crude and descriptive sexual language, innuendo and references.
- Portrayals of female breast nudity and male frontal nudity in non-sexual contexts.
- Partial or full frontal nudity in a brief sexual situation.
- Portrayals of implied sexual activity (no nudity some detail).
- Simulated sexual activity.
- Two portrayals of crude bodily functions (no nudity, some detail).
- Occasional offensive scenes.
- Embracing and kissing.
- One use of the sexual expletive in non-sexual contexts.
- Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- One detailed portrayal of illegal drug use for recreational purposes.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Hall Pass.
Four couples weighed down with the responsibilities and problems of married life head for an idyllic vacation but get more than they bargained for in Couples Retreat. Another husband and wife on the verge of a split are forced to spend time together when they are put into protective care after witnessing a murder in Did You Hear About the Morgans? An ambitious executive who chose money over marriage discovers he may have made the wrong decision when he is given an unexpected opportunity to be The Family Man.
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Hall Pass...
Hall Pass releases to home video on June 14, 2011, in both a theatrical and unrated/enlarged edition.