Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
Set in the time period between the two great wars, The Grand Budapest Hotel presents a quirky tale about concierge Gustave H (Ralph Fiennes) and his sidekick lobby boy Zero Moustafa (Tony Revolori) who get mixed up in the estate affairs of a wealthy family.
Why Is The Grand Budapest Hotel Rated R?
The Grand Budapest Hotel is rated R for language, some sexual content and violence.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in The Grand Budapest Hotel...This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Non-graphic violence.
- Depictions of beating, stabbing, decapitation, dismemberment and shooting, with some blood and detail.
- Infrequent portrayals of violence towards animals.
- Disturbing scenes and grotesque images.
- Nudity (depicting breasts and pubic region) in sexual situation.
- Breast and buttock nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Implied sexual activity with some detail and no nudity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual references.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual or aggressive context.
- Infrequent use of cursing, profanity, scatological slang, sexual slurs and vulgar expressions.
Drug and Alcohol Use:
- Tobacco use.
- Alcohol use.
Extra info about this movie
Learn more about the city of Budapest.
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to The Grand Budapest Hotel.
Trailers & Clips
News & Views About The Grand Budapest Hotel:
2015 Critics Choice AwardsOn January 15, 2015, the members of the Broadcast Film Critics Association (which includes our Rod Gustafson) had their say about the best movies released in 2014. The winners were announced at the Critics Choice Movie Awards (CCMAs). These awards are decided by over 300 broadcast film critics in the US and Canada. Unlike ...
2015 Oscar NominationsIt’s Oscar season and the nominations were announced earlier today. As usual, the big news is just as much about the movies not included as it is about the movies that are. Personally, the big miss for me was The Lego Movie in the animation category. Another notable absentee ...
Golden Globe Nominations for 2015The nominations for the 72nd Annual Golden Globes Awards have been revealed… and there are a few surprises in the motion picture categories—most notably the complete absence of any nominations for Interstellar (except for its musical score, and even the box office washout Noah got that much attention). How ...
Canadian Movie Ratings
Canadian Home Video Rating: 14A
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of The Grand Budapest Hotel...
Home Video Notes: Grand Budapest Hotel
Release Date: 17 June 2014
The Grand Budapest Hotel releases to home video (Blu-ray + Digital HD) with the following special features:
- Bill Murray Tours The Town
- Kunstmuseum Zubrowka Lecture
- The Society of the Crossed Keys
- The Making of the Grand Budapest Hotel: Part 1 – The Story, Part 2 – The Society of the Crossed Keys, Part 3 – Creating The Hotel, Part 4 – Creating A World
- Mendl’s Secret Recipe
- Promotional Featurettes – “Cast” and “Wes Anderson”
- Stills Gallery
- Theatrical Trailer