The Grand Budapest Hotel Parent Guide
Trouble is about to check in.
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Rating & Content Info
Why is The Grand Budapest Hotel rated R? The Grand Budapest Hotel is rated R by the MPAA for language, some sexual content and violence.This additional information about the movie's content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Non-graphic violence.
- Depictions of beating, stabbing, decapitation, dismemberment and shooting, with some blood and detail.
- Infrequent portrayals of violence towards animals.
- Disturbing scenes and grotesque images.
- Nudity (depicting breasts and pubic region) in sexual situation.
- Breast and buttock nudity in a non-sexual context.
- Implied sexual activity with some detail and no nudity.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Sexual references.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, sometimes in a sexual or aggressive context.
- Infrequent use of cursing, profanity, scatological slang, sexual slurs and vulgar expressions.
Drug and Alcohol Use:
- Tobacco use.
- Alcohol use.
Page last updated July 17, 2017
More parents' guide for The Grand Budapest Hotel after the break...
News About "The Grand Budapest Hotel"
Learn more about the city of Budapest.
Cast and Crew
The Grand Budapest Hotel is directed by Wes Anderson and stars Ralph Fiennes, Tony Revolori, Saoirse Ronan, Tilda Swinton, Edward Norton..
The most recent home video release of The Grand Budapest Hotel movie is June 17, 2014. Here are some details…
Home Video Notes: Grand Budapest Hotel
Release Date: 17 June 2014
The Grand Budapest Hotel releases to home video (Blu-ray + Digital HD) with the following special features:
- Bill Murray Tours The Town
- Kunstmuseum Zubrowka Lecture
- The Society of the Crossed Keys
- The Making of the Grand Budapest Hotel: Part 1 – The Story, Part 2 – The Society of the Crossed Keys, Part 3 – Creating The Hotel, Part 4 – Creating A World
- Mendl’s Secret Recipe
- Promotional Featurettes – “Cast” and “Wes Anderson”
- Stills Gallery
- Theatrical Trailer