Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
This R rated drama follows the intrigue and covert behavior of Edward Bell Wilson (played by Matt Damon), a Yale graduate and patriotic American who is recruited into the OSS (the Office of Strategic Services), which later becomes known as the CIA (the Central Intelligence Agency).
Why Is The Good Shepherd Rated R?
The Good Shepherd is rated R for some violence, sexuality and language.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in The Good Shepherd...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Some upsetting or disturbing scenes.
- Depictions of torture, suicide and corpses (blood shown).
- Occasional weapons use and hand-to-hand violence (blood shown).
- Sexual references and innuendo.
Breast and buttock nudity shown in a non-sexual context
- Implied sexual activity (no nudity shown).
- Use coarse language (including the sexual expletive) and racial slurs.
Drug and Alcohol Use:
- Frequent depictions of smoking and tobacco use.
(c)2007 One Voice Communications Ltd. All rights reserved.