Check Our Content Info & More...
We do not have a full review for this movie because it is rated R in the US and we usually only review G, PG, and PG-13 movies. However we do have details about the content you can expect to see in this movie in the "Content Details" section below.
When east coast mobsters move west in the 1940s, the Los Angeles Police Department declares a private war, enlisting officers who are willing to go beyond the limits of the law. Based on a true story, this film features Sean Penn, Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone, Giovanni Ribisi and Josh Brolin.
Why Is Gangster Squad Rated R?
Gangster Squad is rated R for strong violence and language.
Here is additional information on sex, violence and profanity in Gangster Squad...
This additional information about the movie’s content is taken from the notes of various Canadian Film Classification boards:
- Frequent non-graphic violence.
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Depictions of beating, shooting, stabbing, mutilation, burning and explosion.
- Violent acts shown in a realistic manner with details, blood and tissue damage.
- Detailed disturbing scenes.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Sexual references and innuendo.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of profanity, crude sexual expressions and vulgar expressions.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang.
- Frequent use of ethno-cultural slurs.
Drugs and Alcohol:
- Frequent tobacco use (smoking).
Extra info about this movie
This movie is based on the book Gangster Squad, by Paul Lieberman. For his explanation of how the book turned Hollywood movie, click here: http://www.nieman.harvard.edu/reports/article/102708/Leapfrogging-the-Book-A-Newspaper-Story-Jumps-to-Film.aspx
Home Video Viewing Alternatives
Here are some ideas for home video titles that are related to Gangster Squad.
Trailers & Clips
Canadian Movie Ratings
Watch @ Home
Details on home video releases of Gangster Squad...
Gangster Squad releases to home video no April 23, 2013.