Friend Request Parent Guide
When friends become enemies.
Rating & Content Info
Why is Friend Request rated R? Friend Request is rated R by the MPAA for horror violence, disturbing images, and language.Violence:
- Frequent explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in realistic detail with blood and tissue damage.
- Depictions of physical assault and injury.
- Portrayals of hand-to-hand, gun, and weapons violence, with blood and some detail.
- Frequent portrayals of frightening monsters, transformations, and nightmarish imagery, with blood and detail.
- Frequent disturbing scenes.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Embracing and kissing.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions.
- Limited use of slurs.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in a recreational context.
Page last updated September 26, 2017
More parents' guide for Friend Request after the break...
News About "Friend Request"
Friend Request is a horror movie that builds its plot around the idea of someone messing with your social media. Not to be mistaken for Unfriended, another thriller about the internet terror, this movie features an unpopular kid who is so obsessed with stalking, she won’t quit – even after she’s dead. (A suicide is part of the storyline here.)
Releasing in the UK before it makes its North American debut, Friend Request has met with unfavorable critical reviews.
The supernatural nature of the script removes the story from the realm of reality. But those who use their computers to communicate and connect with their friends should be aware of the dangers that can lurk in real life.
Online harassment can be a very real problem when personal information is shared online. Parents and teens would do well to familiarize themselves with the possible issues that can arise, and take steps to avoid becoming the victim of this type of crime.
From the Studio: Enjoying college life as a popular student, Laura shares everything with her more than 800 friends on Facebook. But one day, after accepting a friend request from a social outcast named Marina, Laura’s life is cursed, and her closest friends begin dying cruel deaths. Before her time is up, Laura must solve the mystery behind Marina and her Facebook profile, in order to break the deadly spell.
Cast and Crew
Friend Request is directed by Simon Verhoeven and stars Alycia Debnam-Carey, William Moseley, Connor Paolo .