The Foreigner Parent Guide
Never judge a man by his age, race , or color.
Rating & Content Info
Why is The Foreigner rated R? The Foreigner is rated R by the MPAA for violence, language and some sexual material.Violence:
- Frequent depiction non-graphic violence.
- Brief explicit violence.
- Violent acts shown in realistic detail with blood and tissue damage.
- Depictions of injury, physical assault and explosion.
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand, weapons, and gun violence, some in a torture context, with blood and some detail.
- Gory and grotesque images.
- Disturbing scenes.
- Mild sexual references and innuendo.
- Crude content.
- Embracing and kissing.
Approximately 28 instances of coarse and/or sexual language, including:
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context.
- Frequent use of profanity.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, and vulgar expressions.
Alcohol / Drug Use:
- Tobacco use.
- Frequent portrayals of alcohol use.
Page last updated January 9, 2018
News About "The Foreigner"
From the Studio:
The story of humble London businessman Quan (Chan), whose long-buried past erupts in a revenge-fueled vendetta when the only person left for him to love - his teenage daughter - is taken from him in a senseless act of politically-motivated terrorism. In his relentless search for the identity of the terrorists, Quan is forced into a cat- and-mouse conflict with a British government official (Brosnan), whose own past may hold clues to the identities of the elusive killers.
Written by STXfilms
Cast and Crew
The Foreigner is directed by Martin Campbell and stars Jackie Chan, Pierce Brosnan.
The most recent home video release of The Foreigner movie is January 9, 2018. Here are some details…The Foreigner releases to home video (Blu-ray/DVD) on January 9, 2018. Special features include: